SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, AIRLINE LEASING & SALES (ALS) – EUROPE & AFRICA
Reporting directly to the Head of Airline Leasing & Sales (ALS) – Europe & Africa, the successful candidate will be assigned to assist and be responsible for:
1) Revenue Generation – marketing of aircraft for sale, lease, and purchase / leaseback with airline customers to achieve the revenue targets set by the Chief Commercial Officer.
2) Market Knowledge – providing input to the head of Department and Chief Commercial Officer in the formulation of the Company’s aircraft marketing & sales strategy.
3) Cross Selling – promoting BOC Aviation and Bank of China products & services on a global basis.
- Manage lessee relationships and gather market intelligence
- Demonstrate high level of understanding of aviation industry and the key players governing the geographic areas assigned.
- Identify prospective airline/ financial customers within a defined region with a view to leasing, selling aircraft assets or originating fee income opportunities.
- Identify key decision makers within customer base and develop solid relationships at a senior management level as well as a detailed understanding of the fleet requirements of these organizations.
- Establish strong relationships with regional sales teams at all OEMs.
- Continuously collect market information for input into the Company strategy.
- Gather debt and lease pricing from airlines and input into Company models.
- Assist in deal origination, structuring, negotiation, documentation, and execution
- Understand the business model of assigned airline parties and use this to structure a deal that would provide value to both lessee and BOC Aviation.
- Undertake structured marketing campaigns targeting volume transactions.
- Negotiate Letters of Intent to achieve the revenue targets set by the Company.
- Maintain relationships with lessee by ensuring all agreed terms and conditions are fulfilled (i.e. collection of all receivables such as rental, maintenance reserve payments etc.).
- Develop product & cross selling
- Understand the financing and leasing requirements of airline customers within the allocated geographical region.
- Work with other teams within the Company and/or Bank of China colleagues to develop new product initiatives to enable competitive growth of the Company’s balance sheet.
- Work with Bank of China to cross sell Bank products to airline and aviation related supply chain customers.
- From time to time, work on specific projects or other reasonable tasks as assigned by Head of Airline Leasing & Sales (ALS) – Europe & Africa, Chief Commercial Officer, or Chief Executive Officer.
- Work on volume transactions related to leasing and/or sales as directed by Chief Commercial Officer or Chief Executive Officer in line with Company targets.
- Strong understanding of all revenue aspects of the business, including the financial, tax, legal and accounting and credit risk issues involved in leasing.
- Ability to formulate and execute strategy to achieve and execute volume deals in line with IRR targets relating to leasing aircraft (new & used) as well as balance sheet growth (e.g. aircraft purchase & leaseback).
- Performance driven and customer focused, with established relationships at senior level of airlines and manufacturers.
- Strong network in aviation community with ability to leverage a broad network of relationships across aviation sector to access market intelligence and new business opportunities.
- Active listener with ability to identify transaction opportunities that would bring incremental revenue to the Company.
- Effective communication skills to be able to report and rationalize decisions required by senior management.
- Proven track record from past contributions in negotiating and closing deals.
- Willingness to support Company’s objectives including supporting Procurement with aircraft deliveries and the Risk team with collections.
- Ability to travel to meet customers sometimes at short notice with a willingness to be on the ground as long as it takes to close the transaction.
If you believe you would thrive in a dynamic, team-based company operating in a global business environment, then we would like to hear from you.
Please send or email, in complete confidence, your full CV, with details of expected remuneration to:
Head of Human Resources
79 Robinson Road #15-01
Email: [email protected]