Operational Data For The Fourth Quarter And Year Ended 31 December 2019
30 Jan 2020
BOC Aviation Limited (HKEX Code: 2588, “BOC Aviation”) announces its operational transactions for the fourth quarter and year ended 31 December 2019 and as at 31 December 2019.
Robert Martin, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, said, “We are pleased to close 2019 with another year of strong performance in a difficult supply environment. During the year, we took delivery of 54 new aircraft including our first Airbus A330NEO aircraft, and added another 37 delivery positions to our orderbook, reflecting disciplined investment in popular and in-demand new technology aircraft, building a strong foundation for future growth. As part of our active portfolio management strategy, we successfully concluded a portfolio sale of all 17 aircraft with leases attached in 2019, bringing the total fleet size to 523 aircraft as at year end. Our fleet remains one of the best-in-class with a young average age of 3.1 years and long average remaining lease term of 8.4 years. We have had a good start to 2020 with the announcement of an order for 20 new Airbus A320NEO family aircraft on 7 January as we focus on building our balance sheet.”
David Walton, Chief Operating Officer, added, “We are also supporting the Global Aircraft Trading System (GATS), a new electronic trading platform for leased aircraft that has been developed by the Aviation Working Group, of which BOC Aviation is an active member. In the fourth quarter of 2019, we signed GATS-compliant leases covering fifteen aircraft with five airline customers, demonstrating the growing acceptance of this innovative product by the airline industry. GATS is a fully electronic system that aims to make trading and financing of aircraft more efficient, secure and predictable.”
- A total fleet of 523 aircraft owned, managed and on order1
- An average aircraft age of 3.1 years and an average remaining lease term of 8.4 years for the 317 owned aircraft fleet, weighted by net book value
- Order book of 166 aircraft1
- Took delivery of 20 aircraft (including six acquired by airline customers on delivery) in the fourth quarter of 2019, and 54 in 2019 (including 12 acquired by airline customers on delivery)
- Signed 37 lease commitments in the fourth quarter of 2019, bringing the total for 2019 to 87
- Customer base of 93 airlines in 41 countries and regions in the owned and managed portfolios
- Sold six owned aircraft in the fourth quarter of 2019, which brought the total number of owned aircraft sold during the year to 28. Additionally, two managed aircraft were sold in 2019 on behalf of third party investors
- Managed fleet comprised 40 aircraft at year end
- Aircraft utilisation at 99.6% for the year ended 31 December 2019
Shareholders and potential investors are reminded that the above operational data are based on the Company’s records and have not been audited or reviewed by the Company’s auditors.
About BOC Aviation
BOC Aviation is a leading global aircraft operating leasing company with a fleet of 523 aircraft owned, managed and on order. Its owned and managed fleet was leased to 93 airlines worldwide in 41 countries and regions as at 31 December 2019. BOC Aviation is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEx code: 2588) and has its headquarters in Singapore with offices in Dublin, London, New York and Tianjin. For more information, visit www.bocaviation.com.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +65 6325 9878
Mobile: +65 9837 9873