OPERATIONAL DATA FOR THE FIRST QUARTER ENDED 31 MARCH 2023
21 Apr 2023
BOC Aviation Limited (HKEX Code: 2588, “BOC Aviation”) announces its operational transactions for the quarter ended 31 March 2023.
Robert Martin, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, said, “The first quarter of 2023 was a successful period for us. At the end of the quarter, we had placed all new aircraft scheduled for delivery in 2023 and had lease commitments signed for all but one aircraft with leases expiring this year, which reflects the strong demand amongst the world’s airlines for modern technology aircraft. Our collection rate was 103% for the quarter, demonstrating the improving financial health of our airline customers and the speed with which they are recovering from the pandemic.”
- A total fleet of 635 aircraft owned, managed and on order1
- An average aircraft age of 4.6 years and an average remaining lease term of 8.0 years for the 393 owned aircraft fleet, both weighted by net book value
- Order book of 207 aircraft1
- Executed a total of 23 transactions in the first quarter of 2023, including:
- Commitments to purchase three aircraft
- Delivery of two new aircraft
- Sale of one owned aircraft
- 13 lease commitments
- Customer base of 86 airlines in 39 countries and regions in the owned and managed portfolios
- Managed fleet comprised 35 aircraft, with all aircraft on lease2
- Owned aircraft utilization improved to 99% as at 31 March 2023, with two single aisle and two twin aisle aircraft off lease2. As at the date of publication, all but one aircraft are committed for lease
Shareholders and potential investors are reminded that the above data are based on the Company’s records and have not been audited or reviewed by the Company’s auditors.
About BOC Aviation
BOC Aviation is a leading global aircraft operating leasing company with a fleet of 635 aircraft owned, managed and on order. Its owned and managed fleet was leased to 86 airlines in 39 countries and regions worldwide as at 31 March 2023. BOC Aviation is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEx code: 2588) and has its headquarters in Singapore with offices in Dublin, London, New York and Tianjin. For more information, visit www.bocaviation.com.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +65 6325 9878
Mobile: +65 9837 9873