Operational Data For The First Quarter Ended 31 March 2022
07 Apr 2022
BOC Aviation Limited (HKEX Code: 2588, “BOC Aviation”) announces its operational transactions for the quarter ended 31 March 2022:
A total fleet of 530 aircraft owned, managed and on order1
- An average aircraft age of 4.1 years and an average remaining lease term of 8.2 years for the 383 owned aircraft fleet, both weighted by net book value
- Order book of 110 aircraft1
- Executed a total of 42 transactions in the first quarter of 2022:
- Took delivery of seven aircraft (including four acquired by airline customers on delivery)
- Committed to purchase 13 new aircraft
- Signed 22 lease commitments
- Customer base of 78 airlines in 36 countries and regions in the owned and managed portfolios
- Managed fleet comprised 37 aircraft, with four single aisle aircraft off lease
- Owned aircraft utilisation at 96.7%, with seven single aisle, five twin aisle and one freighter aircraft off lease
The off-lease aircraft numbers stated above exclude 17 owned and one managed aircraft that were formerly leased to airlines in Russia and that are now in the process of being recovered from those airlines. This follows the termination of the leases of those aircraft in March 2022 in compliance with international sanctions imposed in response to the conflict in Ukraine. The net book value of the 17 owned aircraft, net of all cash collateral held in respect of those aircraft, was US$589 million representing 2.5% of our total assets as at 31 March 2022. All letters of credit held by us in respect of those aircraft have been successfully drawn.
1. Includes all commitments to purchase aircraft including those where an airline customer has the right to acquire the relevant aircraft on delivery.
Shareholders and potential investors are reminded that the above data are based on the Company’s records and have not been audited or reviewed by the Company’s auditors.
About BOC Aviation
BOC Aviation is a leading global aircraft operating leasing company with a fleet of 530 aircraft owned, managed and on order. Its owned and managed fleet was leased to 78 airlines in 36 countries and regions worldwide as at 31 March 2022. BOC Aviation is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEx code: 2588) and has its headquarters in Singapore with offices in Dublin, London, New York and Tianjin. For more information, visit www.bocaviation.com.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +65 6325 9878
Mobile: +65 9837 9873