TECHNICAL MANAGER (POWERPLANT)
Reporting to the VP Powerplant, the successful candidate will be responsible for effective management of assigned engine and APU assets in the Company’s portfolio. This role will be based in Singapore.
- Manage BOC Aviation’s engine and APU assets, including shopvisit forecasting, planning and monitoring.
- Review technical or operational information and other industry sources and determine how this affects powerplants asset values and expected maintenance cash flows and exposure in BOC Aviation’s fleet.
- Monitor engine and APU assets and review information provided by Lessees to ensure applicable AD requirements, OEM recommended SB incorporation are complied with in accordance with lease provisions.
- Benchmark engine- and APU related maintenance costs across the assigned engine and APU models.
- Maintain accurate LLP pricing and part life limits across BOCA portfolio of engines.
- Liaise with powerplant OEM’s and maintenance, repair and overhaul companies as required to support transition-, sales-, and procurement projects.
- Monitor new engine developments, ensure appropriate information is highlighted to the Management of BOC Aviation.
Powerplant-related Aspects in Technical Operations and Active Projects
- Support transition and repossession projects as assigned and required, manage all powerplant related aspects according to technical goals. Define and manage powerplant related project budgets. Manage powerplant-related post-delivery exception items.
- Manage on- and off-lease engine and APU asset workscopes when required, subsequent shop reports and invoices.
- Review maintenance reserve claims, support maintenance compensation calculations and lease return condition compliance.
- Support maintenance cost, cash flow and exposure projections with powerplant expertise.
- Ensure all powerplant-related technical data and information is current and up to date in the company’s technical management IT system.
- Source and manage consultants and external technical inspectors.
Airline Leasing and Aircraft Sales Support
- Support the VP Technical in technical terms negotiations. Mark-up powerplant related clauses. Ensure that the intent of the ‘boiler plate’ provisions within the Letter of Intent and Lease Agreement documents are maintained.
- Support aircraft placements with lessees and aircraft sales projects, including setting up standards for all powerplant related clauses and negotiation of such terms at Letters of Intent and Lease Agreements stages.
- Other tasks as assigned by VP Powerplant, Head of Technical and/or COO.
- Degree or degree equivalent in Aerospace Engineering or related major, with at least 5 years of relevant aviation industry experience with various powerplant models
- Experience in related engines.
- Ability to use and update lessor IT tools such as Leasepoint, STREAM and FlyDocs (or equivalent)
- Good working knowledge of powerplant OEM portals, Microsoft Office applications
- A self-starter, customer-focused and able to work independently.
- Good analytical and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are a must, as is the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good working knowledge of powerplant IT related and OEM software, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Be prepared to undertake short and long haul travel on a frequent basis.
If you believe you would thrive in a dynamic, team-based company operating in a global business environment, then we would like to hear from you.
Please send or email, in complete confidence, your full CV, with details of expected remuneration to:
Head of Human Resources
79 Robinson Road #15-01
Email: [email protected]