RISK MANAGER (COUNTERPARTY CREDIT RISK)
Reporting to the Deputy Head, Risk Management. is responsible for risk assessment, credit review, and risk monitoring of assigned lessees, prospective lessees and other counterparties, including OEMs and vendors. The Risk Manager leads all collections and restructuring related activities related to these customers and counterparties, the reporting of related risk positions in the portfolio, and the implementation of other measures to identify and mitigate risks faced by the Company. The Risk Manager partners with colleagues engaged in activities that give rise to both credit and non-credit types of risk. This role will be based in Singapore.
Credit /KYC Review and collections
- Conduct on-site due diligence meetings with allocated airlines as well as other counterparties as may be required from time to time.
- Analyse airlines both quantitatively and qualitatively to generate accurate credit ratings using the Company’s proprietary model.
- Make firm recommendations based on analysis and assessments, taking an active role in decision making process on new transactions.
- Provide strong support for the Aircraft Leasing and Sales team and others in providing prompt responses to requests for views on credit risk.
- Produce high quality financial analysis and credit reports for distribution to the Board and Management Committee as applicable. Maintain a comprehensive database of counterparty financial information.
- Take ownership of allocated risk counterparties, maintaining contact with them at a senior level, and conducting annual reviews. To be a centre of knowledge on the relevant airlines and other counterparties for which you are responsible.
- Lead cash collections and restructuring activity for the accounts under your responsibility.
- Work independently to build knowledge of the industry and bring this knowledge to bear in ongoing assessment and monitoring of individual and portfolio risks.
- Maintain comprehensive, accurate and orderly records and files on all risk matters.
- Produce meeting reports within 24 hours following meeting with external parties.
- Undertake KYC checks on various counterparties including airlines, aircraft buyers, and preparing inputs for approval submissions as required.
- Lead the day-to-day management, monitoring and reporting of data relating to the portfolio and airlines’ information.
- Lead the streamlining of reports and implementation of excel spreadsheets onto systems.
- Monitor the overall risk portfolio, routinely produce and coordinate reports for various risk related issues and general portfolio monitoring, including for submission to the Board and Risk Committee.
- Prepare regular scheduled reports including the monthly Directors’ Report, Senior Management Report, and Risk Committee Reports.
Projects & others
- Complete other risk management and business analysis tasks as assigned by the CRO, DMD & Vice Chairman, or Managing Director & CEO from time to time.
- Contribute to the development of the proprietary credit rating model through regular reviews, and undertake any other risk related projects and assignments that may arise from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accountancy.
- At least 3 years of relevant aviation credit analysis and risk management experience, preferably in the financial services sector.
- Knowledge of the aviation sector, as well as credit evaluation and collections experience
- Have a strong understanding of financial statements and working knowledge on international accounting standards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and confidence to form and communicate reasoned opinions and debate those opinions as required.
- Ability to multi-task, with good analytical and decision-making skills whilst working within tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel extensively on ad hoc basis, often at short notice.
- Proficient with excel.
If you believe you would thrive in a dynamic, team-based company operating in a global business environment, then we would like to hear from you.
Please send or email, in complete confidence, your full CV, with details of expected remuneration to:
Head of Human Resources
79 Robinson Road #15-01
Email: [email protected]