Based at our office in London (UK), the Legal Counsel is responsible for transaction management and general in-house legal duties supporting the Company’s business originating from the Americas, Europe and Africa.
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, the successful candidate shall take on the following roles and responsibilities:
- Draft, negotiate and finalise for execution and closing all documents relating to aircraft delivery, financing, sale and novation transactions. This will require managing each assigned transaction from start to finish, negotiations with third party airlines, banks, investors, manufacturers and legal and other services providers and working closely with the various internal departments to achieve a timely, cost effective, smooth and error free documentation and closing;
- Draft and finalise letters of intents or business letters originating from marketing and sales personnel based in Europe and USA;
- Draft board papers for the various subsidiaries for presentation and approval in respect of each transaction being managed;
- Draft, prepare, collect and collate all conditions precedent documents and follow up with the collection of all conditions subsequent documents for each transaction;
- Prepare closing memos and lease summaries for concluded transactions and ensure bibles and legal folders are complete and original documents compiled and distributed;
- Assist the Senior Legal Counsel in the management of any legal process with the airline, including any bankruptcy or restructuring, or litigation to assert contractual claims in a UK or US courts; and
- General legal and transaction management duties.
A qualified lawyer with three years relevant experience in aviation leasing or financing transactions in a law firm is a pre-requisite. You will need to be conscientious and a self-starter, who is capable of independently managing transactions to completion. You will need to be proficient in MS Office.
If you believe you will thrive in a dynamic and high performing company operating in a global business environment, please email your CV and contact details to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Human Resources Director
BOC Aviation (UK) Limited
London EC2R 7DB
Visit our website for more information: www.bocaviation.com
Closing date: 16 April 2021