HEAD, ACCOUNTING & REPORTING (SINGAPORE)
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role is based in Singapore and encompasses the following:
- Lead and provide direction to the Group accounting and reporting functions and teams. Responsible for the management and execution of the full spectrum of accounting activities including day-to-day operational accounting, Group financial reporting, Management and Statutory reporting, budget preparation, assessed actuals and forecasts and year-end audit preparation.
- Ensure all financial statements are prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other applicable accounting standards as well as in compliance with Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKSE) rules.
- Ensure all financial data is captured and reflected in annual plans and estimates; challenging and verifying underlying assumptions to ensure integrity of numbers. Work in close partnership with other functional teams to provide support to Management Team to deliver operating and profitability goals.
- Lead annual budget process and work closely with HODs to deliver on the budget.
- Lead and execute strategic financial planning and projects that impact the future of the Company including but not limited to preparing for next 5-year plan; considering asset purchases, potential mergers and acquisitions and support negotiations with strategic counterparties to meet shareholder objectives.
- Identify and bridge accounting and reporting process gaps. Lead and execute finance transformation initiatives to improve processes and operational efficiency.
- Work closely and support CFO in preparation of Board and Sub-committee papers and ensure accuracy of all financial data.
- Manage and ensure performance of all team members are achieved against set targets; with regular performance coaching and feedback with team members.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to ensure alignment of priorities and strict adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Other ad hoc company level projects.
The suitable candidate must have a professional qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent) and/or a Degree in Accounting and/or Finance with at least 15 years of post-professional qualification experience with minimum 5 years management experience in a multinational organisation. External audit exposure of minimum 5 years will be an added advantage. You are a proven leader with strong management and organizational skills. You have strong operational and working knowledge in Finance related IT systems such as Oracle, Concur etc. and well versed in implementing and improving financial processes. You are proactive with a self-driver mentality and possess the ability to perform under pressure.
If you thrive and enjoy working in a progressive and dynamic work environment, please email your CV with details of expected remuneration by 28 December 2020 to:
Human Resources Director
BOC Aviation Limited
8 Shenton Way #18-01
Visit our website for more information: www.bocaviation.com